Keeba's Korner

KEEBA KORNERED & KAPTURED IN KAPTIVITY *** Includes articles from column, life experiences and various creative writing techniques of the life according to Keeba Smith - Hankered Writer and Feared Compressor. *** K Smith is an author, and social issues commentator. KSmith023@yahoo.com

My Photo
Name:
Location: Colorado, United States

I dont waste time with non-voters who are just menials-people who stand without meaning & contend to waste time with much success. As a child I never knew the sacrifices my parents faced while they intimated & provided for their children. Though they hinted they were lacking this and/or that, I can honestly say that we were never hungry, cold, or homeless but just the opposite. My parents were just that, real parents who took the time to teach right from wrong. They taught us to love and appreciate those in our lives and to be strong individuals. As the youngest of seven, I reminisce on the times all of us shared while growing up. Before the passing of both of my parents, I'm so glad I got the chance to express to them how I felt and my deepest gratitude of their love, value & foundation of respect and responsibility. It is & it is not because of them who I am as well as it is and is not because of them who I am not-God has given them to me-not me them. I have strength.

Favorable Links:

Tuesday, March 14, 2006

Mr. Linville Colorado

***THIS IS KEEBA SMITH***
©Keeba Smith
Hello, this is Keeba Smith...

I was told that I appeared sad
Perhaps even mad
But oh no, my dear loved one
Sitting there
Close but not in the nearest chair
I’m not sad.
Perhaps cynical to a fault
But don’t hesitate to include
me
Me sitting here in this old vault.
Not unfriendly
But just the opposite
Sitting here thinking of all my composites...
I’ve made in this here life
Not wanting to cause any strife
But learning;
Hopefully teaching
Not sure as of yet
I put in some
so I guess the same I will get

Perhaps contumacious
Oh ok, a little stubborn.
Just taking in this life I was born in
Sitting here with painted fingernails
My tan skin hoping to prevail.
Not lazy or onus
Not even looking for a bonus
That I didn’t deserve
But just working harder and trying to preserve
Something good;
Left for the new
Not those who wish to remain old petrified wood

Oh, you seeI have lost a lot of sleep
Worrying about all of you.
Not just my friends and family,
But yes, you too
All of you!
I am piqued the rulers didn’t care enough
They don’t care if you face such unwrought

Please don’t get me wrong
This is not just another song
Or dance to pass the blame
Just be aware that some of us know their game.
I once was baffled
But now I just have to laugh

Yes, I’m humorous
Always looking for a good laugh
Almost sarcastic
Even facetious
There is humor in everything
You must laugh at what this life brings
And not be sad or mad.
But get over it.
And find something to lighten your day.
Trust in the Master of the universe
The smile will appear again across your face

I’m gonna go now.
Seclude myself in my safe haven.
Again, it’s another fault
To hide away in my safe vault.
Here, just like many others, there is a television set.
But I can certainly bet, there’s not a lot of this going on:
Jerry Springer,
CNN,
Fox News,
Al Bundy, All in the Family
or Sanford and son.
Yes, I’m eclectic in my choice
But with this select, I find a (my) voice
I have company!Heee heee!
Gonna go listen to my music
With that I’m just as preclusive
So, with nothing more to do but hope and pray
These thoughts came to me one day
While trying to describe whom I was,
or am not.
If you decide to spread this around
I hope I am found
Alive!
Remember
me
If they come for me
These are my thoughts to keep
As I refused to participate with the rest of the sheep.

©Keeba Smith (2001)

From the book of anthology "Keeba Kornered and Kaptured in Captivity" © No. 34

Author's Comments on, THIS IS KEEBA SMITH:
Once, perhaps twice, but no more, I was asked who was the real me, Keeba Smith. Well, this describes me to a tee. So, like it or not, I can not deviate from any other plan nor put on a façade. This is me from beginning to end. The end. ………………………………………………………………
~



©Keeba Smith
Hankered Writer and Feared Compressor
K Smith is a columnist for Black Denver Speaks, an author, and social issues commentator
KSmith018@hotmail.com

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

<